Charm, confidence and success, it all starts with a smile.
Professional dental teeth whitening
Professional teeth whitening by a dentist at the dental gallery in Point Cook is an effective and simple way to brighten your smile. Teeth whitening can be done:
- As an independent procedure to provide an instant lift to your smile or
- In conjunction with other cosmetic or orthodontic work. This can add radiance to your smile.
What causes discolouration of teeth?
- Natural aging
- Staining from eating highly coloured foods and drinks (berries, tea, coffee and red wine
What are the differences between over the counter treatments and professional whitening treatments?
Shopping centre teeth whitening stores offer toothpastes and whitening strips that contain lower strength whitening agents. These come at varying prices and effectiveness.
On the other hand, a registered practitioner at the dental gallery can prescribe a higher and more effective concentration of teeth whitening agents. These are more reliable and whiten teeth quickly and effectively.
We provide customised trays that fit your teeth well and use active whitening agents. This ensures a safe and effective way to whiten your teeth and deliver the best results possible for you.
What are the options for teeth whitening at the dental gallery?
The Zoom Video explains the whitening options that are available.
Zoom in-chair whitening
Professional teeth whitening using Phillips Zoom is a safe and effective teeth whitening treatment that has been used by over 10 million people worldwide.
Zoom In chair whitening Procedure:
- The whitening gel is carefully applied to your teeth and activated with a blue LED light for four 15 minute cycles.
- Light of variable intensity is used so each treatment can be customised to maximize your comfort.
- The system also includes desensitisers to help minimize sensitivity and protect your enamel.
- This dentist supervised procedure is clinically proven to whiten up to eight shades, all in one office visit.
This video outline the steps involved in in-office whitening.
Zoom take–home whitening
Whitening treatments help to reduce existing stains but through the consumption of coffee, tea and soft drinks or just because of natural aging your teeth may become discoloured again. In order to combat recurring discolouration and to maintain whitening treatments a convenient take-home whitening system is supplied.
Zoom take-home whitening products have two mild desensitising agents to help minimise tooth sensitivity.
- Dental impressions of your upper and lower teeth are done in our Point Cook clinic and custom fitted trays that fit comfortably over your teeth are made.
- The trays allow the safe application of whitening agents to your teeth for prolonged periods.
- We take photos of your teeth before the procedure and show you the actual shade of your teeth.
- We supply you with an agent that is worn for an hour during the day. We carefully review and monitor your progress to ensure you have no side effects and obtain great results
- Results typically can be seen in 7-10 days, and whitening can be continued for up to 3 weeks.
Will teeth whitening be effective for you?
Often the more yellow your teeth, the greater the result of the whitening process.
Build-up of plaque or tartar on your teeth will not whiten and it is recommended that you have your professional cleaning prior to whitening. In cases where there is bleeding gums or other signs of inflammation then a professional dental examination and clean will help ensure that any issues are addressed and the tooth can be whitened more effectively.
We recommend that there are no active areas of dental disease to prevent tooth sensitivity. Fillings, veneers of crowns will not whiten. If you are thinking of having whitening, and considering getting these replaced, then whitening your teeth first will help you achieve the most radiant result.
Call us about promotional teeth whitening offers available (03) 9395 8338