Snoring & Sleep Apnoea
Do you Snore?
Have you been diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnoea?
Have you been referred for an oral appliance to treat your snoring or Sleep Apnoea?
If you answered yes to one of the above questions then a custom made dental/oral device called a Mandibular Advancement Splint (MAS) could help you. These devices are a proven frontline option for the treatment of snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.
Dr Gonsalvez has provided oral appliances for many patients for several years. Whilst any dentist can make an oral appliance for obstructive sleep apnoea, not all are equally qualified and equipped to manage this serious medical condition. The most important factor when choosing a dentist is to look for one:
- Who is qualified in dental sleep medicine
- Who will work with your sleep or medical physician to manage your health risks
- Who has experience and familiarity with different appliances to achieve the best outcomes for you.
- Who will be able to manage and offer other options that are better suited for you.
- Who is qualified in oro-facial myology to provide adjunctive therapy in addition to the appliance therapy to make you benefit more from the oral appliances.Dr Gonsalvez was one of the first Melbourne dentists to complete the Post Graduate Diploma in Dental Sleep Medicine through University of Western Australia, and is experienced in the dental management of snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea. She is also a Qualified Orofacial Myologist and a member of the Australian Sleep Association.
Why treat Snoring and Sleep apnoea:
- To reduce or eliminate snoring thereby enhancing relationships
- To improve sleep quality, reduce fatigue and lethargy
- To revitalize energy and mood
- To improve concentration, memory and work performance
- To reduce other medical problems like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
- To prevent weight gain and impotence.
Initial consultation (with or without a referral) with Dr Gonsalvez includes
- Discussion of your main concerns
- Review of sleep study findings or coordinating a sleep study referral
- Assessment of your suitability for the treatment and prediction of your response to it
- Provision of further options to complement your therapy
- Checking for any pre-existing dental problems that may not adequately support the appliance
- Answering any questions / concerns you may have and clarify expected outcome
- Liaising with and reporting findings to your sleep or respiratory physician / GP.
If you or someone you know snores or has obstructive sleep apnoea and would like to have a local dentist in Point Cook evaluate your suitability for a dental sleep appliance, book an initial consultation with Dr Nomita Gonsalvez at the dental gallery.
You can also make an enquiry and we can send you “A Guide to Oral Appliance Therapy at The Dental Gallery.”